The flavors of the Mediterranean are cooked up in 30 minutes in an Instant Pot® for a quick and filling, souvlaki-inspired weeknight dinner.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Whisk together the oregano, paprika, red pepper flakes, 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 cloves garlic and 1/2 cup water in the pot of a 6-quart Instant Pot®. Add the chicken, 2 teaspoons salt and a few grinds of pepper and toss until well coated.
- Follow the manufacturer’s guide for locking the lid and preparing to cook. Set the pot to pressure cook on high for 3 minutes (see Cook’s Note). After the pressure cook cycle is complete, follow the manufacturer’s guide for quick release and wait until the quick release cycle is complete. Be careful of any remaining steam and unlock and remove the lid. Transfer the chicken to a medium bowl and turn the pot off. Add the couscous, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper to the pot and stir to combine with the hot liquid. Place the glass lid on the top and let the couscous sit until tender and fluffy, 6 to 7 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, mix together the yogurt, lemon juice, remaining clove garlic and 2 tablespoons water in a medium bowl until well combined. Spread 1/4 cup of the yogurt sauce on the bottom of a plate. Top with a quarter of the couscous, cucumbers, tomatoes, Kalamata olives and feta. Repeat with the remaining ingredients 3 more times. Garnish each plate with the dill and a drizzle of the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Related: Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili