Delicious Instant Pot Mexican pinto beans are a wonderful side dish, but also work well spooned over rice.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 10-oz. can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 7-oz. can diced green chiles 50% off!
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 5 Cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Set Instant Pot to sauté function. When hot, add olive oil.
- Add diced yellow onion and cook until translucent and tender.
- Add broth, green chiles, diced tomatoes and green chiles, tomato sauce, cumin, paprika, and rinsed beans.
- Cook on high pressure for 60 minutes. Allow a full natural release, about 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately alone or over rice. Garnish with fresh cilantro, avocado, or cheese.
- Dig in 🙂