Mac and cheese is a classic comfort food that is beloved by people of all ages. It is delicious for a variety of reasons. Firstly, the creamy and rich cheese sauce is a perfect complement to the tender noodles, creating a savory and satisfying flavor combination.
The noodles also have a slightly chewy texture that is satisfying to eat. Additionally, mac and cheese is a versatile dish that can be dressed up with a variety of toppings, such as bacon, vegetables, or even a sprinkle of hot sauce. This allows you to customize the flavor to your preference, making it a delicious and personalized meal.
Overall, the combination of creamy cheese, tender noodles, and the ability to customize the flavor make mac and cheese a delicious and beloved dish. This is one of our favorite comfort foods to make in a pressure cooker.
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- Kosher salt
- One 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups shredded mild or medium Cheddar
- Combine the macaroni, 4 cups water and 1 tablespoon salt in a 6- or 8-quart Instant Pot® multi-cooker (see Cook’s Note). Follow the manufacturer’s guide for locking the lid and preparing to cook. Set to pressure cook on high for 4 minutes.
- After the pressure cook cycle is complete follow the manufacturer’s guide for quick release and wait until the cycle is complete. Being careful of any remaining steam, unlock and remove the lid and switch to the low saute setting.
- Stir in the evaporated milk, butter and 1/4 cup water. Then add the Cheddar, a little at time, while constantly stirring, until the cheese is completely melted. Serve hot.
Settings may vary on your Instant Pot® depending on the model. Please refer to the manufacturer’s guide.